Generic Cipro 250mg treats different bacterial infections related to the urinary tract, respiratory system, skin, bones, and joints. In some cases, doctors prescribe this antibiotic tablet treat gastrointestinal infections such as traveler’s diarrhea and infectious diarrhea caused by E. coli.
Available forms of Generic Cipro 250mg
Cipro (Generic) 250mg oral tablet, extended-release tablets, oral suspension, and injections.
To treat bacterial infection with Generic Cipro 250mg it is very important to follow the prescription. Complete the entire duration of the prescribed medicine. Even with the improvement of the symptoms, do not stop the use of this medication before the last prescribed dose date.
Failure to complete the full course of treatment can cause antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Such bacteria become more challenging to treat.
Generic Cipro 250mg tablet contains ciprofloxacin hydrochloride as an active ingrient. Consumption of Fluoroquinolone antibiotics tablet inhibits the activity of enzymes responsible for bacterial DNA replication and cell division. This results in the quick death of the bacteria infection.
In addition to the ciprofloxacin hydrochloride as its active ingredient, this medicine is a perfect bind of several inactive ingredients that together make treatment more effective.
The manufacturing formula of Generic Cipro 250mg tablet includes inactive ingredients such as:
- Microcrystalline cellulose: A plant-derived substance acts as bulking agent in the medication. It helps the tablet to bind effectively.
- Crospovidone: A cross-linked polymer often used as a disintegrant in the tablet. It helps the tablet to break down and dissolve faster in the stomach.
- Povidone: It is a water-soluble polymer used as a lubricant in order to blind-shape the medicine for easy consumption.
- Magnesium stearate: Stearic acid is found in most medicine as a lubricant to help the tablet without causing problems to gulp the medicine down the throat.
- Colloidal silicon dioxide: A mixture of silicon and oxygen compounds used as a glidant to improve the flow of the powder during the manufacturing process of Generic Cipro 250mg.
- All the active and inactive ingredients of this medicine are safe to consume and are commonly used in the production of numerous pharmaceutical tablets.